I will start this post by apologizing for the delay in posting this week’s limerick challenge. The last week has been a crazy roller coaster ride for me and kept me on my toes throughout! But I am back now and I better get back to business without any further delay!
It was very interesting to read the limerick submissions on the prompt ‘Mist’, each one of you brought your own unique feel to the limericks, some associated mist to love, others to sorrow, darkness, pain, rain etc. I couldn’t help but marvel at the variety of the limericks I got to read.
After reading all the limericks again and again, here are the winners for the 2016 Week 4 Challenge!
In the midst of the mind’s mental mist
Are some things that can’t be dismissed
Just clear your mind
And you will find
The one for which you have wished
With that limerick, Al the Author wins the Week 4 Limerick Superstar Badge!
Do check them all out! There are absolutely amazing submissions!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 5 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Pain’. You can opt to use the word ‘Pain’ or some of its closer synonyms like Agony, Hurt, Sorrow etc.…you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengeso that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 5 Challenge are due in by Friday, February 5, 2016.
- Donation to local charity is made in the name of the Winners who will receive the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge. They can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Once upon a time in the land of Swindon
A King was heard crying “Fine, it shall be done!”
In pain, he came to realize
That what was no surprise
When the Queen is happy, there’s peace in the kingdom!