Everyone ready for the weekend, yet? Oh, it must already be the weekend in some part of the world! I am super excited for this weekend to begin, yup, it is a long weekend here! Yay, for that! I know I can use all the extra time I get, have a lot of work to do for my sister’s baby shower (shhh….don’t tell her, she thinks I did them already!) that I hope to finish this weekend! Plus, I have plans to get moving on with my novel, which unfortunately has been ignored for a long time! Tsk tsk…Not good!
Enough about me, let’s go ahead and look at the Top 5 limericks from the Week 21 challenge.
And the limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Sandra of WhatSandraThinks!
Just like you, I wanted to be
Confident, fearless, worry-free.
But you hid your blues,
An elaborate ruse.
All along you wanted to be me.
Congratulations to Sandra – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Fictional Kevin decided (finally!!) to join the limerick race and guess what, his pathetic phonetic poetry secured the next spot on my Top 5 list, he shares the place with Dr. Meg because her limerick was awesome and Loki is just too handsome to let go!!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 22 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Color’. This means that your limerick should say a story with some aspect of color in it. For example, it could be a limerick about the rainbow, a candy store, the valley; you get the idea, right? It can be funny, sarcastic, emotional, spooky, satire anything you like so long as it follows the theme.
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 22 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Friday, June 3, 2016. After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
On a night out in the town
Too many drinks I had were brown
Said my pal, Luke
“You better not puke”
when I stared at him with a frown!