I just realized that I now have an undue advantage, I know all your fears! Ha! Oh wait, but you guys know mine too. Oh well, can’t blame me for hoping, can you?
I am thrilled about all the limericks I have been reading, such brilliant submissions each week for the prompts. Some of your limericks really inspired me to pen a short story (which I may share on my blog at some time!)
If you have not already done so, you can click here to view all the limerick submissions for the last week.
Now, let’s take a look at the Top 5 limericks from Week 40 challenge.
The limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Dr. Meg Sorick of Meg Sorick Writes!
Do I fear or morbidly dread
Those nagging voices in my head
That tear at my confidence
Prick and berate my conscience
Till my self assurance has all but fled
Congratulations, Meg – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 41 Challenge.
The prompt for this week is ‘Taste’, for this week, share a limerick describing your favorite taste/food, a limerick for your favorite Wine perhaps OR use the prompt in a metaphor or simile and turn it into a limerick.
I am excited about this week’s challenge and look forward to reading your limericks for this prompt!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Saturday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 41 Challenge are due in latest by 5PM EST on Friday, October 14, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up using the InLinkz (Blue Froggy) button.
- For Photo Prompts, remember to use the photo in your post and to attribute the source.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Either give me some more wine
Or leave me alone, she whined
“Perhaps, some Pinot Noir?”
Said she, “Never in my boudoir”
Nothing but the Wild Irish Rose is fine!
(P.S: Did you sign up to Mind and Life Matter’s email list? If not, do it by clicking here. I promise, No Spam – you will not hear from me more than once a month!)